Bringing Feminism to the Irish masses since the turn of the decade!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Two little gems

I first came across this tune on 'The Wonder Boys' soundtrack, which aside from 'The Blues Brothers' , is one of my favourite all time film soundtracks.

Theres just something about it that sends shivers down my spine. It's the perfect song to have a real slow,sensual dance with someone you want to be really,really close too.



The Second video I'm going to put up, especially for St.Patricks day, is one of my favourite Irish tunes of all time.
It has special resonance for me as I grew up watching first hand the massive effect emigration had on so many Irish men and women. The lyrics
And I'll never go home now beacuse of the shame, a misfits reflection in a shopwindow pane
make me remember all the lonely Irish men trying to find life at the bottom of a bottle that I saw while growing up in Cricklewood.